Yacht-Pool Croatia, the leading Croatian insurer in all types of maritime insurance, introduced a comprehensive package policy for navigators and skippers who sail on rented boats. This kind of policy that is specifically tailored for the enthusiasts of the nautical tourism hasn’t been offered in Croatia until now.
Croatian and foreign yachtsmen i.e. clients of the yacht charter agencies, before starting cruising on the Adriatic, through the Yacht-Pool Croatia can specify a policy that will insure them and the members of their crew from many possible different events . The policy can be arranged to be valid from the moment when the holiday has been paid until disembarkation from chartered vessel.
The package contains eight types of insurance:
- Liability insurance for a skipper, crew and passengers aboard the vessel,
- Insurance costs of legal protection,
- Insurance against accidents,
- Deposit insurance in case of seizure of a vessel,
- Insurance for consequential damages or lost of profit to insurance policy bearer
- Loss of deposit insurance (bond),
- Insurance cancellation of the rental boats and return travel expenses,
- Provision for personal luggage.
The new insurance policy has been designed in cooperation with the German office of the Yacht-Pool insurance company. The same insurer that few years ago, offered this type of policy to their German and Austrian clients that are using services of the charter companies throughout the world. Now days, over 40,000people have been issued with this particular policy.